Psychotherapy Diploma Courses
- Introduction to Applied Psychotherapy and Ethics
- Multicultural Competence
- Youth and Family Counselling
- Assessment of Psychological Disorders
- Conflict, Suicide and Emergency Interventions
- Milestones in Psycho-Social Development
- Applied Counselling Skills I Case Management, Assessment and Listening Skills
- Applied Counselling Skills II Case Management, Goals and Interventions
- Advanced Couples Therapy I
- Advanced Couples Therapy II
- Challenges of Clinical Practice, I
- Challenges of Clinical Practice, II
- Evidence-based Treatment and Psychopharmacology, I
- Evidence-based Treatment and Psychopharmacology, II
- Theory and Practice of Psychotherapy, I
- Theory and Practice of Psychotherapy, II
- Volunteer requirement, 15 hours per month for duration of the program.
Note: Credit for KCPC’s Diploma courses may be transferable to other colleges and universities at the discretion of their admissions departments.
After completion of 16 courses, students demonstrate competency in the core concepts by passing a comprehensive proficiency exam.
A total of 984 hours are required for completion of the Diploma program.