Can I learn to be a mental health professional through Distance Education? Absolutely…
The online program includes interactive assignments that provide hands-on skill practice, instructor feedback, demonstration videos, case studies, and practice sessions with volunteer ‘clients’. Each course simulates real counselling situations that put you in the role of the therapist.
There are several reasons students prefer the convenience of Distance Education:
- All assignments are available on line so you can study anytime, anywhere. Design a study schedule that fits your lifestyle.
- Textbooks delivered right to your door. Plus you’ll have unlimited access to over 200 training videos from the KCPC streaming library.
- Interactive exercises teach counselling skills that are transferable to employment settings.
- You’ll enhance your training with a volunteer placement in a community or private agency; develop a professional network and portfolio of job skills with practical relevance for future employers.
- Instructors are professional counsellors, psychologists, social workers.
- Enrollment in on campus Study Groups is available in combination with Distance Education assignments.